I posted this picture on Facebook and Twitter this morning and have had such a positive response, that I thought I would quickly share the recipe with you. It is dead simple and a great alternative to the usual bacon and egg breakfasts. You can serve these warm or cold and it’s a great little lunchbox filler too.
RECIPE # 9: Baked egg tartlets
Author: Sam The Food Fan
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 x medium free range eggs
- 4 x slices of wafer thin ham
- 2 x cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 x spring onion, finely sliced
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Grease a muffin tin and layer 4 of them with the wafer thin ham. Ensure that there are no holes in the ham (if there are holes, just add a bit more ham)
- Crack the eggs into the lined tray
- Divide the quartered cherry tomatoes and sliced spring onions between each muffin
- Dust each one with a little cayenne pepper
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the eggs are baked to your liking
- Once cooled slightly, run a sharp knife around each muffin and pop out.
There are so many different options you could use to replace the ham. Salami, prosciutto, chorizo slices all work really well. Be adventurous and enjoy!