RECIPE #1: Butternut Squash Soup
Author: Sam The Food Fan
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 x large butternut squash, peeled and diced.
- 1 x large onion, diced
- 1.5 x tsp cinnamon powder
- 1.5 x tsp curry powder
- Vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper
- Handful of pine nuts
- Crème fraiche
- In a large pot, add the onions and dry fry until softened. Add the cinnamon. It will become slightly sticky, but just keep stirring.
- Add the diced butternut squash and stir well.
- Add the curry powder.
- Pour enough vegetable stock to cover the butternut squash, cover and boil until the butternut squash is soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and then blend until smooth. As with any recipe, it is important to taste taste taste! Seasoning is very much personal taste, so add as much or as little as you like! You should have a little sweetness from the cinnamon and a little heat from the curry powder.
- In a separate small frying pan, toast the pine nuts until just browned.
- Pour the blended soup into a bowl, top with the toasted pine nuts and dollop a little Crème Fraiche over the top.
Serve with a nice crusty roll.
Until we eat again!