Chicken is such a versatile meat and there are so many different things you can do with it from roasting it, to grilling it, to stuffing it! There are also a whole host of possibilities with the stuffing….hopefully this recipe will inspire you to experiment a little with different flavours.
RECIPE #2: Chicken breasts stuffed with sundried tomato and feta cheese
Author: Sam The Food Fan
Recipe type: Main
- 3 x sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 50g x feta cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 x skinless, boneless chicken breasts (approx. 450g)
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 300ml dry white wine
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- Fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, mix together the sun dried tomatoes, feta and thyme. Use some of the oil from the sundried tomato to bind it all together.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a horizontal slit in the thickest part of the breast to create a pocket, taking care not to cut all the way through the breast.
- Divide the cheese mixture among the chicken breasts, pushing it into the pocket. Secure with a cocktail stick
- Season the chicken well with salt and pepper and dust with the plain flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a non stick pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and brown well on both sides. Remove the chicken breasts and set aside.
- Add the white wine to the pan and boil until the wine has reduced by half.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornflour and 2 tbsp of the chicken stock to form a smooth paste. Whisk the cornflour paste with the remaining chicken stock, tomato paste into the wine.
- Return the chicken breasts to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Baste the chicken with the sauce occasionally as it cooks.
- Set the chicken on 4 plates, remember to remove the cocktail sticks and spoon over some sauce and sprinkle with the chopped fresh parsley
This goes really well with a side serving of new potatoes and a green salad.