Summer has been a bit of a wash out this year, so much so that we’ve only just had our first BBQ. It’s a travesty, I tell you. So as soon as I saw that sun was forecast, I rounded up the troops and got The Better Half to light up the fire. This dessert is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time, but want something that not only looks and smells delicious, but tastes it too.
I totally surprised myself at just how easy and tasty this was and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 4 Ripe peaches (you could use nectarines or plums too)
- 150ml dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Sprinkle of sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted almond flakes
- Cut the fruit in half and remove the seed
- In a non-stick pan, arrange all the fruit and sear on a high heat for 1 minute
- Add the wine, lemon juice and rind, cinnamon stick, vanilla seeds and pod to the pan
- Sprinkle all over with a good pinch of sugar
- Add the blobs of butter around the pan
- Place in an oven at 180c and bake for 15 minutes or until you can easily pierce the fruit with a knife. (you want the fruit to be soft)
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the almond flakes
Until we eat again!